Improving lives and outcomes for all
We provide advice and guidance to parents and mainstream schools experiencing difficulties in managing challenging behaviours from young people aged 5-11 with social, emotional and mental health needs.
For schools our offer extends to in house as well as outreach services to ensure those working with young people have the right guidance in using positive behaviour management strategies to support them to access their learning entitlement.
Summerhouse staff provide services such as in school observations of young people, direct work with identified children in school alongside school staff and staff training. We also provide opportunities for staff from mainstream schools, specialist provisions and students to visit Summerhouse to observe and experience effective behaviour management practice.
- Consultations for teaching staff, senior managers and head teachers
- Peer to peer support in mainstream schools to model best practice
- Advice for parents and parenting programmes
- Support for Year 6 transition
- Behaviour management and de-escalation training
- Contributions to the Education and Health Care Plan process
- Part-time pupil placements at Summerhouse.
Positive Behaviour Management
We offer Team Teach certified “Positive Behaviour Management” training. This 6-hour, one day course equips individuals with simple de-escalation strategies and basic positive handling techniques to deal with challenging behaviour and encourage positive relationships in their working environment.
The training is delivered at your school by our qualified trainers for a maximum of 12 participants.
To make a booking please complete the form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* 4 weeks’ notice is required for a new booking.